Now in its second year, the Monaco Prize for Innovation in Renewable Hydrogen and Transportation is a prestigious international challenge designed to accelerate technological innovation in the field of renewable hydrogen and mobility. Each year the Prize recognizes outstanding technological innovations in the field of Sustainable Hydrogen with one overall winner and three runners-up distinguished as Hydrogen Pioneers.
If you have missed the second edition of the Monaco Prize for Innovation in Renewable Hydrogen and Transportation make sure to register your interest for the 2024 Monaco Prize. We encourage you to put your solution forward and advance innovation in the field of renewable hydrogen and mobility.
H2FLY, the Stuttgart, Germany-based developer of hydrogen-electric powertrain systems for aircraft was awarded the Monaco Prize for Innovation in Renewable Hydrogen and Transportation. The Monaco Prize also recognises three Hydrogen Pioneers:
- The Best Emerging Technology Solution was awarded to Swtizerland’s SoHHytec, provider of renewable system for onsite production of solar Fuel (Hydrogen, Oxygen) and Power (Electricity, Heat);
- France’s HSL Technologies (HySiLabs) was recognised as the solution with the Most-Disruptive Potential, presenting its innovative hydrogen liquid carrier;
- The Best Cross-Sector Applicability Solution was awarded to H3 Dynamics, the French hydrogen electric flight manufacturer based on distributed hydrogen electric propulsion pods.
About the Monaco Prize for Innovation in Renewable Hydrogen and Transportation 2023:
The challenge aims to identify innovative and differentiated technologies that can have a demonstrable impact on the development of renewable Hydrogen across the landscape of mobility and transportation. Challenge participants are judged on the scalability and viability of their solutions.
The Prize application is free of charge and participation in the Monaco Hydrogen Forum is free of charge for finalists.
Criteria for the 2023 Monaco Prize and the 2023 Hydrogen Pioneer Awards
- Challenge applicants need to demonstrate a new and differentiated technology
- Technologies must be at least in alpha stage
- Applicants can be pre-seed to established players
The Focus areas of the 2023 Monaco Prize:
– Fuel cell design
– Fuel cell manufacturing
– Renewable H2 production
– Renewable H2 storage
– Innovative designs for transport of H2
– H2 fleet efficiency
– Innovative H2 vehicle design
Benefits for finalists and Prize winners
The selected finalists will have the opportunity to pitch in front of the Monaco Hydrogen Alliance Select Committee of Judges at the Monaco Hydrogen Forum held on November 27-28, 2023. The winners will be awarded the prize during the Monaco Hydrogen Forum Gala dinner on November 28.
Winning applicants will enter an accelerated process of connecting to the Alliance’s network of startups, and corporate, government and academic partners. The winner, if appropriate, will automatically be included in the 2024 Cohort of the M2HAccelerator and will also be featured on the Alliance’s media platforms, notably the MHA newsletter. They will also enjoy fast-track collaboration with the Monaco Hydrogen Alliance’s 2023 Strategic Partner, ENOWA with a potential visit to NEOM to study the applicability of their solution.
Finalists presented their solutions on November 27, 2023 during the Monaco Hydrogen Forum, and prize winners were announced during the Awards Ceremony of the Forum on November 28, 2023.